Thursday, December 29, 2011

Encouragement of Friends to Get Started

For years numerous friends, family members, co-workers, and acquaintances have urged me to write a book, start a web page, or somehow find a way to share all my little tips and tricks that have been gathering in my brain for many years now.  I have to laugh when my friends introduce me to others as, "This is Lisa, the one I was telling you about that knows everything."  I don't claim to know everything, by any means.  Not even close.  But, I do seem to have a knack for remembering various helpful bits of information on a wide variety of subjects and find innovative ways to incorporate them into everyday life to save money, work smarter rather than harder, finding healthier options, and figuring out easy practical solutions to many of life's annoying problems. I am quite the DIYer (Do It Yourselfer) on many levels.  If I find something interesting, I want to find out about it or how to do it myself.  If I find something annoying, I try to find a solution.  Many times it turns out to be a money saver and quite a simple fix.  I believe knowledge is power.  Especially now with the availability of so many free resources on the internet and many other places, there is no excuse not to enlighten yourself.

I also have some strong opinions on healthy living, the many wrongs in the healthcare system, and sometimes what many may consider alternative solutions to health problems.  I am not a doctor, nurse, or anything like that.  Just a regular mom who has found many solutions to her own health problems and those of friends and family.  I will share many of my findings as part of this blog, but for legal reasons, I can't make any official medical claims.  These are just some things I have found worked for me or people I know.  If you choose to try them yourself, I claim no liability for your individual results.  Many of these things I will share I have learned from a variety of sources you may also be familiar with such as Dr. Memet Oz, Dr. Andrew Weil, Dr. Joseph Mercola, and many other experts I have seen on well know shows such as Oprah.  Some are things I have stumbled upon in my research of various subjects of alternative health from all over the world.  As you can see, most of these things didn't just come to me in a dream or something, many are based on time tested practices, but may not be common knowledge.  Especially here in the U.S., where it seems many people believe if it doesn't come in pill form or has been advertised extensively on television, how can it really work?  I have also found that many doctors are not very familiar with some of these solutions, either.  Either that, or they will not make claims on them one way or another since they live constantly with the fear of a malpractice suit, since it may not be officially endorsed by the American Medical Association or the FDA.  It seems many alternative health practices and nutritional facts are not taught extensively or not at all in medical school here in the U.S., so many doctors may be unfamiliar with them.  Again, it doesn't mean that it doesn't work.  Many of these practices have been in existences in other countries for hundreds, maybe even thousands of years in other countries.  Why would people still be using them if they didn't work?  Many times getting back to the basics is far better than running a battery of expensive tests and ultimately taking a handful of expensive pharmaceutical drugs with a list of ugly side-effects that one may wonder if they are truly worth taking in the first place.

I hope you find my random ramblings interesting, informative, and maybe even find a suggestion or two you plan to incorporate into your everyday life.  Thanks for reading and I hope you share what you have learned with someone else to help improve their life, too.  I am always open to learning more.  If you get inspired by my posts or have some additional ideas you would like to share, please post your comments for others to see.  I'd love to hear from you!

Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment